Event Time and Date
Summer Camp Volunteer
The Summer Camp Volunteer will work with a team to help run programs and experiences for children in small and large group setting. Volunteers will work with fellow summer camp staff to provide high quality recreational and educational experiences for camper’s ages 5-12 yrs. of age.
- Help in the delivery of various program activities and promote recreation and sport skills through fun, save and diverse activities
- Participate in all activities, by setting an example for behaviour and attitude while supervising campers
- Supervise and provide support during daily drop off and pick up, including sign in and sign out; answer or direct question to the Team Lead or administrative staff
- Communicate to Team Lead of any supply needs
- Ensure a safe, supportive environment for all participants and staff
- Work with Summer Camp Staff to maintain, complete and submit accurate program records including incident reports, logbook documentation and daily attendance
- Follow policy manual and work within the camp philosophy and core values
- Know and follow all safety and emergency guidelines associated with the camp and all program areas
- Be alert to equipment and facilities to ensure proper utilization, care and maintenance is adhered to; report repairs as needed to the Summer Camp Staff.
- Fairly enforce rules and expectations to campers
- Be alert to camper needs, make connections with campers and develop positive relationships
- Use personal creativity and experiences and add value to provide activities which stimulate learning and creativity among campers
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and know when to request assistance
- Is patient, enthusiastic, self-controlled and dependable
- Ability to recognize and respond to problems as they arise
- Ability to assist with organizing age appropriate camp activities
Hours of work:
UFV Summer Camps are scheduled from July 4-Augut 11. There two different camps formats. 1) Physical Literacy (ages 5-13) and Cascades Sports Camps (ages 8-13). Volunteers are needed for all 6 weeks, shifts vary to fit your schedule.
Contact Cheryl Van Nes for more information
All volunteer hours are eligible for Co-Curricular Credit.
Envision Athletic Centre, Abbotsford Campus
Campus Recreation, CCR Eligible Experience, Experiential Learning, Health and Wellness, Personal Development, Professional Development, Social/Entertainment, Volunteer